Saturday, May 09, 2009

EFT for a broken wrist

Article by Dawson Church
Though there are many variants of EFT, I usually use just Gary's basic recipe, because it's so phenomenally effective.

I speak at a lot of psychology and medical conferences, and often my audience of nurses, physicians, psychotherapists and the like know nothing about EFT. I often do a group EFT presentation onstage, after an hour's theoretical presentation based on my book The Genie in Your Genes, which describes the excellent scientific basis behind EFT, and lets the audience know that EFT has a good base of evidence. Then I get them all tapping! At a recent conference, presenting to about 100 medical professionals at Massey University in New Zealand, I worked with a group of five people with pain.

One of them was a 52 year old German female physician with a fractured wrist. The broken wrist had occurred while on a camping trip two weeks prior. I asked her how severe her pain was on the 0 to 10 scale, and she said 7.

When I asked her to identify an emotionally triggering incident associated with the fracture, she was puzzled, and couldn't find one. She said she'd slipped while walking across a log that served as a bridge over a brook. She grabbed a branch, but fell anyway, twisted her arm, and broke her wrist.

I asked to mine the circumstances around the fracture for any possible emotional factors. After thinking long and hard, she said, “I was camping with my daughter. I didn’t want to go hiking that day, but she made me go with her. I was resentful about that,” though on the actual hike she reported that she had been “having a good time.”

I asked her to recall her resentment of her daughter, and identify where that feeling was located in her body. She pointed to her solar plexus, and rated it a 7 out of 10 in emotional intensity. I find that people with fractures or pain almost always have a different site in their body where their feelings come to focus, so it's important to get a measure of their level of intensity for both the injury, and a second one for the emotions. Read on

No comments: