Thursday, October 03, 2013

What to tap on?

In my experience there is absolutely no point in tapping (or doing any emotional work) if you are not going to be as honest as you possibly can. At least with yourself.

Many times I hear the question "Why do we tap on the negative?" and I wince. Why is feeling sad or angry or fearful "negative"? It might certainly feel that way. But there is probably a very good reason as to why you feel that way in the first place. When we block our emotions and don't feel them, they feel "negative".

What I know for sure is fighting or resisting the way we feel keeps us stuck. So do yourself a favour and tap on the TRUTH of how you feel. There is no better way to correct the short circuit in our energy systems that can create so much havoc, heartbreak and exhaustion. You will feel enormously relieved when you tell the truth and tap on it. Even if only to yourself.

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off ~ Gloria Steinem

2 comments:

Huldr said...

I completely agree! I think we are often conditioned to think of these emotions as unacceptable and therefore "negative". I know I often have a sense of guilt about feeling sad or scared or angry. So it's a sort of threshold to get over to recognize one's true feelings - and to accept and embrace them.

Thanks for a great blog!

Noreen Barron said...

Thank you!