Monday, January 16, 2012

Using EFT for chronic issues

One of the emotions that can often accompany chronic issues is a feeling of frustration, a feeling that nothing you have done so far has worked. You might even feel helpless. It is important when you're tapping to talk about how you feel and how the pain feels, you will find it will shift, or move around your body, more easily. Most importantly, chronic pain is a signpost to something deeper, look for the messages and metaphors in what it is trying to communicate to you. Tapping diagram and procedure

Even though I have this chronic ... it is there, maybe for a reason

Even though I don't know what that reason is or the pain would have gone away by now, I accept my not knowing

Even though it's hard to accept not knowing, I really wish I knew what was causing this chronic ... I accept my frustration (helplessness/any other emotions)

Top of the head: This ...
Eyebrow: It feels ...
Side of the eye: And that feels ...
Under the eye: And that feels ...
Under the nose: I can accept how I feel about that
Under the chin: I wish I knew how to make it go away
Collar bone: Because it's still here
Under the arm: And that makes me feel ...

Top of the head: I've tried everything
Eyebrow: Absolutely everything
Side of the eye: And that feels ...
Under the eye: And it hasn't worked
Under the nose: And that makes me feel ...
Under the chin: I can't stand this chronic ...
Collar bone: I haven't tried accepting it
Under the arm: Because I can't

Top of the head: It might stay forever
Eyebrow: If I allow it to stay
Side of the eye: And that feels ...
Under the eye: So I have to do my best
Under the nose: To make it go away
Under the chin: I accept how I feel about that
Collar bone: It's ok to feel at the end of my tether
Under the arm: It's ok to feel ...

Top of the head: I choose to accept how I feel about all of it
Eyebrow: Even though it is hard
Side of the eye: To feel some of those feelings
Under the eye: And that feels ...
Under the nose: I'm tired
Under the chin: So tired
Collar bone: And that makes me feel ...
Under the arm: I accept how I feel about that

No comments: