Thursday, May 27, 2010

Experience your good

These exercises by Louise Hay are a great way to examine your beliefs about health, www.experienceyourgoodnow.com

"True healing involves body, mind, and spirit. I believe that if we "cure" an illness yet do not address the emotional and spiritual issues that surround that ailment, it will only manifest again."

EXERCISE: Releasing Your Health Problems
Are you willing to release the need that has contributed to your health problems? Once again, when you have a condition that you want to change, the first thing that you have to do is say so. Say: “I am willing to release the need in me that has created this condition.” Say it again. Say it looking in the mirror. Say it every time you think about your condition. It's the first step in creating a change. Now, do the following:
List all of your mother's illnesses.
List all of your father's illnesses.
List all of your illnesses.
Do you see a connection?

EXERCISE: Health and Dis-ease
Let's examine some of your beliefs about health and dis-ease. Answer the following questions. Be as open and honest as you can.
What do you remember about your childhood illnesses?
What did you learn from your parents about illness?
What, if anything, did you enjoy about being sick as a child?
Is there a belief about illness from your childhood that you're still acting on today?
How have you contributed to the state of your health?
Would you like your health to change? If so, in what way?

EXERCISE: Your Beliefs about Sickness
Complete the following statements as honestly as you can.
The way I make myself sick is . . .
I get sick when I try to avoid . . .
When I get sick, I always want to . . .
When I was sick as a child, my mother always . . .
My greatest fear when I'm sick is that . . .

EXERCISE: The Power of Affirmations
Let's discover the power of written affirmations! Writing an affirmation can intensify its power. Write a positive affirmation about your health 25 times. You may create your own, or use one of the following:

My healing is already in process.
I listen with love to my body's messages.
My health is radiant, vibrant, and dynamic now.
I am grateful for my perfect health.
I deserve good health.

EXERCISE: Self-Worth
Let's examine the issue of self-worth with respect to your health. Answer the following questions, then create a positive affirmation to counter each one if your response was a negative one.
Do I deserve good health?
Sample Answer: No. Illness runs in my family.
Sample Affirmation: I accept and deserve perfect health now.
What do I fear most about my health?
Sample Answer: I'm afraid that I'll get sick and die.
Sample Affirmation: It is safe to be well now. I am always loved.
What am I "getting" from this belief?
Sample Answer: I don't have to be responsible or go to work.
Sample Affirmation: I am confident and secure. Life is easy for me.
What do I fear will happen if I let go of this belief?
Sample Answer: I'll have to grow up.
Sample Affirmation: It is safe for me to be an adult.

Health Affirmations
Make these affirmations part of your daily routine. Say them often in the car, at work, while looking in the mirror, or anytime you feel your negative beliefs surfacing.

I get three colds every year.
I am safe and secure at all times. Love surrounds me and protects me.

My energy level is low.
I am filled with energy and enthusiasm.

I heal slowly.
My body heals rapidly.

My allergies act up constantly.
My world is safe. I am safe. I am at peace with all of Life.

Heart dis-ease runs in my family.
I am not my parents. I am healthy and whole and filled with joy.

I get one illness after another.
Good health is mine now. I release the past.

My back gives me constant pain.
Life loves and supports me. I am safe.

These headaches never go away.
I no longer criticize myself; my mind is at peace, and all is well.

I'm always constipated.
I allow life to flow through me.

I have sore feet.
I am willing to move forward with ease.

I'm always hurting my body.
I am gentle with my body. I love myself.

"I give myself permission to be well."


Health Treatment
"I am one with Life, and all of Life loves me and supports me. Therefore, I claim for myself perfect, vibrant health at all times. My body knows how to be healthy, and I cooperate by feeding it healthy foods and beverages, and exercising in ways that are enjoyable to me. My body loves me, and I love and cherish my precious body. I am not my parents, nor do I choose to re-create their illnesses. I am my own unique self; and I move through life healthy, happy, and whole. This is the truth of my being, and I accept it as so. All is well in my body."

1 comment:

Noreen Barron said...

Tap on any tailenders (objections) with EFT that you may hear when you state a positive affirmation.