Sunday, November 29, 2009

Letting go with the help of EFT

By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning 
~ Lao Tzu

Many of us fear letting go. What if we can't get it back? What if we end up alone? What if we end up being wrong and having to do it all over again? What if they get away with it, again? What if we stop trying? What will happen then? You know you need to let go when you feel stuck, when you see the same patterns of behaviour repeating themselves over and over again in your life. One of the biggest obstacles we have and use for not letting go, is our attachment to a situation or person. We want a situation or person to be different than what it really is or was and very often this leads us down the road of denial. We resist what happened or what is happening now, and this resistance leads to a feeling of being stuck.

Using the analogy of eating; we ingest food and assimilate what we need and eliminate - let go of what we don't need or what doesn't serve us. If we don't eliminate or let go of what we don't need, we become congested, constipated, full, heavy and laden down. The same thing happens with our experiences in life. Only we seem to have more difficulty in letting go of certain experiences, so we hold on and we keep holding on because sometimes we just don't know how to let go. Try the following EFT script for letting go, customise the set up statements and phrases to really help you tune in to how letting go relates to you and your life.

Tapping on the karate chop point x 3 times or rubbing the sore spot (see short cut diagram), say:

Even though the thoughts of letting go fill me with____________I completely accept how I feel

Even though I don't want to let go because______________I completely accept how I feel

Even though it is not safe to let go because____________I love and accept myself anyway

TH I don't want to let go
EB I'm afraid
SE I can't
UE I'll be hurt again
UN I need my guard up
UC I have to remember
CB No I don't
UA Yes, I do

TH I don't know how to let go
EB And that's okay
SE No it's not
UE Yes, it is
UN I don't have to know right now
UC It's hard not to hold on for dear life
CB And that's okay
UA It's how I feel

TH Letting go feels________
EB And that makes me feel________
SE And that's okay
UE It's okay to feel that way
UN No, it's not
UC Yes, it is
CB I feel it anyway, so why pretend?
UA It's exhausting keeping it all in

TH I don't have to do that any more
EB But I don't know what else to do
SE That's okay
UE No, it's not
UN I'm stuck, I feel stuck
UC I feel stuck
CB I feel stuck
UA I feel this feeling________(note and locate where in your body you feel this feeling and do a few rounds of tapping on that. If you do not have any bodily sensations, that's okay too, do more rounds on how you're feeling until you can say “I can let go” “It is safe to let go” “I give myself permission to let go” “I deserve to let go” and it feels true on a 0 to 10 scale, 10 being the most true and 0 being the most false.

No comments: