Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Not finding the right words for EFT is a block that can be overcome

By Cacina Spaeth.
I just began watching your new Mastering EFT DVDs. At one point you discuss the fact that EFT beginners often have problems finding the right words. Since my own EFT clients and students kept coming up with this issue I looked closer into what's going on here. The following procedure has already helped some of my clients to turn what at first seemed to be a hurdle into solving their first core issue with EFT. I hope the following will also help your readers. This is how:
 Step 1:
If you have problems finding the right words I recommend that you start tapping on what is actually present and not what you THINK you want to tap on. And what is present is that you can’t find the right words right now. So start there, and the wording for this can be as simple as:
Even though I don't find the right words for tapping…
Even though I don't know what to say…
Even though I feel it's ridiculous that I don't even know what to say…
Followed with reminder phrases like:
I don't know what to say
How come I don't know what to say?
I have no words
I'm speechless
What if it could be easy?
What if I allowed myself to ramble?
After having tapped on this for 1 or 2 rounds, you may feel less blocked and be able to start working on your original issue. Or, not finding the "right words" may be the issue you should consider working on today. 
 Step 2:
What if one of your core issues is already present in your inability to find the right words? Could it be that this is why your subconscious is keeping you stuck right here, not allowing you to move forward? Maybe it's a favour in disguise and you're just about to find out. Check with yourself: What is the deeper feeling, the specific feeling, the self talk in not finding the right words?
1. I don't know the right words = I simply don't know how to do that, I feel uncertain.
The underlying issue can be insecurity, or a lack of self-confidence. Why would you feel that way? Why would you lack self-confidence? Which specific event(s) robbed you of your self confidence, made you insecure? Read on

1 comment:

Noreen Barron said...

I don't know the right words = I don't trust myself

If you don't trust yourself, you won't trust yourself to find the 'right' words, there are no right words, just start exactly where you are in the present moment. If you make a 'mistake' start again.